Saturday, June 2, 2012

Where to start.....

Notes from Nolte begins like this: 
 My name is Suzanne Nolte, and I teach middle school at Mission MS in Bellevue, NE.  I say the generic "middle school" because I have taught both 7th and 8th grades and English, reading, and social studies for both grade levels over the course of my 16 years in Bellevue.  I even tried my hand at high school once; I BEGGED to go back to the middle.  I know...you high school teachers think I am insane, and I just may be...I can't help that I love those hormonal little psychos!  :)  A little background...I grew up on a farm near a small town named Hurley, SD.  I had 15 in my graduating class; the school building was K-12.  Again, some may shudder, but I loved every single minute of it.  I graduated from the University of South Dakota in Vermillion...GO 'YOTES!...twice, actually.  Once with a Bachelor of Liberal Studies (plans for law school, never happened, long story) and again with a Bachelor of Secondary Education (English).  I JUST got my Masters Degree in May 2012 in PK-12 Reading!  I have been married to Cyle Nolte (who teaches at Logan Fontenelle Middle School) for nearly 13 years, and we have two amazing sons, Casey (11) and Bryce (8).  Our Boykin Spaniel Macy and 2 cats round out the family.  In my spare time (which I TREASURE!) I like to go running with Macy, spend time with my boys, play piano, and "hang out" on the net, especially Pinterest, my newest obsession.  I also love to read...ever since the Hunger Games trilogy I have been stuck (willingly) in the dystopian genre.  


1 comment:

  1. Great 1st post Suzanne!! You rock! We think blogging will be a great addition to your personal digital portfolio and perhaps you will gain something to use for your students!
    We are excited for the MACS to come as well.

    ReplyDelete